Everyone is talking about Big Data, IoT (Internet of Things), robotics or artificial intelligence, but other efficient technologies could have an impact on our lives in no time such as LIFI Technology.
LIFI (or Light Fidelity) technology is the future of data transmission. As the world is looking for more data, more connection, more intelligence, and higher speed, in comes LIFI, which is a wireless technology that holds the key to solving challenges faced by 5G; it can transmit at multiple gigabits, is more reliable, virtually interference-free, and more secure than radio technology such as Wi-Fi or cellular.
LIFI technology depends on a data transmission technique that uses visible light and ultraviolet and infrared lights to carry out the communication.
This means that the data could be transmitted to any place where these types of light could reach.
How is that possible?
For example: LED lights; it is estimated that these could be turned on and off about 10 billion times per second (something that humans would not be able to perceive). Having this capacity, the "on and off" could be translated into binary language, thus reaching speeds of 10 Gbps.
The Benefits of LIFI technology
• Higher transmission speed than that of Wi-Fi , with a speed ranging between 10 and 20 Gbps, and maybe even more (in some tests, it has also reached 224 Gbps).
• LIFI could be used in certain places sensitive to electromagnetic areas, such as airplanes or hospitals, without causing interference.
• Electromagnetic spectrum used by Wi-Fi technology runs the risk of becoming saturated, however visible light spectrum (10,000 times greater) does not seem to do so in the short term.
• It isn’t necessary for the lights to be on at a level perceptible by the human being. Their intensity could be reduced so that they could continue to operate in a non-visible way.
• In theory, LIFI technology would be quite cheap to implement. It would be enough to incorporate modulators to the lights and to include the necessary receivers in the devices.
To reach the future faster, we in Site Technology are working tirelessly with VIP clients and high profile manufacturer to provide drawings, specs, and complete system solution and ultimately design the very first project using LIFI Technology in UAE